Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Courage

I finally got enough courage up to ride bridleless.
The second I got on I had to convince myself that I really wanted to do it. I hopped on Peanut who has never gone bridleless. Peanut is generally a very hard horse to stop with a bridle and can be spooky when it's windy..and of course today was the most windy day we've had in a long time....

Peanut was amazing though he was very excited and a little bit confused about it at first but he caught on so fast within a few minutes we were walking and trotting both ways and doing circles and STOPPING!

He stopped without a fuss within a few strides.

I figured having worked for Tommie I would have gotten this courage up a bit sooner but it's funny how things work. I'm glad I finally did it and I think listening to one of Lizzy Traband's demos really sunk in with me. She was very certain that if the horse has done it's lateral work under saddle then going bridleless wont be a big deal, most of the audience didn't believe her and were very skeptical but she's very right. Thanks Lizzy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment, voice your opinion, or flat out argue with me, just keep it clean